02 December 2007

English Twee Bands Everywhere

Nope, not talking about the artsy drunk in this Hans Namuth photograph today.


I don't know much about Action Painting! other than what crops up on Google and I would assume that they've probably named themselves after, well, action painting. Blah blah blah stuff: they were from Brighton, had a few singles on legendary Sarah Records, Fierce Panda, and Damaged Goods, and they are somehow affiliated with something called Shampoo (I don't know why, but I keep on mixing up Shampoo with Squeeze in my mind). The following is the Damaged Goods release which seems to still be available and I urge you to buy it mostly because supporting indie record labels is good for everyone and the quality of the rips I made is not the best they could possibly be. It's also on pretty white vinyl and the single's not as twee as I am. Really. Not as jangly as you'd expect.

Action Painting! - Alice Power
Action Painting! - Laying the Lodger

ETA: So these links are dead. A few have contacted me about 'em. Feel free to send me an e-mail and I'll see what I can do!

No comments: