21 October 2007

I Am Not Hungry, I Just Think About Food and French A Lot


Almost a year ago, I procured about a dozen (maybe more. What, you expect me to count?) Franco-Canadian 45s via an internet auction site everyone is familiar with. It was one of those late night, impulse bids. I'm totally into it.

This is my favorite of the set, thus one of my Favorite of All Time Ever.

Les Sinners - Les Disc-Jockeys.

...like I should be wearing better clothing and living in a city with far superior public transit and friends I see more often. Like I should be packing a picnic lunch and dancing at dance parties. Like I should mail out the letters I write and listen to the radio in the park.

Les Sinners - Ne reste pas sous la pluie

Cute, right? Don't stay under the rain is pretty solid advice, too. I like their garage-y stuff best but this is so nice. It makes me want to play with my hair, jump into puddles, and use the proper accents when writing en francais. I would like to get my hands on their earlier LPs but they are $$$ and I am spending too much $$$ as of late. This month should be good on the cash flow, though.

Both tracks from the same 7" put out by Jupiter Records. Apologies for the crap quality; it's the old vinyl, the mostly plastic record player, the cheap cables, the lack of editing. More of 'em to come. Maybe.

I obviously didn't flip the image because I am laaaazy (also, heeeey, that's part of my kitchen where culinary delights no longer occur on a nightly basis now that school and work and internship is in full swing). Did you know a flip, according to Barron's Food Lover's Companion (I finally bought a copy) is a "concoction of rum, beer, sweetener, and spices" that you mix together by "plunging a hot fireplace poker" into it? Sounds great! Except the whole putting a beaten egg in it part that the hip kids are doing now. In the words of the elf of over-zealous, pseudo-cooking who happens to be on my box of whole grain, wheat crackers, "YUMM-O!"

No comments: