24 March 2008

I am fond of

Jonathan Richman - The Mixer (Men and Women Together)

Men-shaped men and not waif-men, I mean men who are broad-shouldered and will get wider in the gut when they age, men who are taller than me by miles, with thick swaths of grainy arm hair and salaried jobs. Overwhelming men.

Sonic Youth - Brave Men Run (In My Family)

But then not really. It's not always the case. The everything-else-shaped men, the ones that make my guts turn pleasantly with the quality of their thereness, I'm always too intimidated by them. I have to be smart and on-point and someone I like.

Liars - Grown Men Don't Fall In The River, Just Like That (from Fins to Make Us More Fish-like)

What I'm saying is that I never figured myself for the type of girl dudes and, well, men like, you know?

No comments: