14 January 2009

crowd following

Everyone's psyched on the new Animal Collective record and I am, too. I am not a liar. I love this band. I have standard taste, mostly. Oh well. It's difficult to pick my favorite track so here's the one that stands out the most, especially if you're living in frosty Chicago, never mind all of the sappy stuff it reminds me of. The sappy stuff that was and the sappy stuff that will be. WHY AM I STILL HERE? Maybe time to dig up a new city but who knows. The summers here are too good to let go.

Animal Collective - Summertime Clothes

I miss this past summer. I miss not being able to fathom hoping that the temperature goes above 0°F. I miss sweat and bicycles and humidity and shorts. I miss seeing my friends more often because who spends summer alone, you know? My skin is dry like something fierce. I miss summer. But I do love winter, much as a gripe, except for when new frontiers of cold keep on happening.

Man, this was kind of an echo of a post.

No comments: